Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A place to stay!

No longer homeless! With exactly one week until I fly away from the States, I still didn't know which dorm I was going to be living in. Today, I finally got my assignment:

International Residence Higashiyama

I haven't been able to find much information on this building. All I know so far is that it is on campus, and each room has a kitchenette, bath, toilet, bed, dresser, storage, desk, chair and refrigerator. Good enough for me!

So, yeah. One week to go. I still can't believe I'll finally be going to Japan this soon. I've been on "vacation" for the past month and a half, which means I've been unemployed and out of school, so I've had plenty of time to prepare. I'm feeling pretty good about things. I'm basically "packed", meaning I have a pile of the things I want to bring sitting next to some suitcases. I always have this problem where I want to be packed and ready to go, but I also still want to wear the clothes I'll be bringing, so I can't really pack everything until the night before I leave. I know, first-world problems, right?

PS: If I wasn't poor, I would totally be taking ANA's Pokemon Jet to Japan


I'm a little nervous about my first international flight, but I'm pretty optimistic. I fly out of O'hare airport on the 18th, layover in Seattle, then land in Honolulu. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to lay on the beach before flying out of Hawaii on the 19th. The flight from Hawaii to Japan is only a few hours, but since I cross the international date line, it will be September 20 when I land. Then, move-in at the dorms is the 21st. Apparently, some other students are arriving on the 20th, too, so we're all going to try to get together that night. I was a little concerned about not knowing anyone in Nagoya, so I'm looking forward to meeting my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment